9 SEO Tips to Beat Google Penguin Update
The recently released search engine ranking algorithm had a tremendous impact in the way webmasters follow and practice SEO techniques. The algorithm update released by Google on 24th April, 2012 is said to be the most significant algorithm change made by Google till date. Within a few days of its release, Google Penguin affected a large number of webmasters across the world.The main objective behind releasing this update was to get rid of all the spam websites and provide internet users with better and credible search results. However, the user-friendly cause with which Google bought about the update has had adverse effect on various credible and genuine websites, which in turn affected their businesses.
Google Penguin considers websites with content copied from other similar websites as spam. Besides, website that has farm links or excessive anchor texts are blacklisted by Google Penguin. If your business website slumped in its rankings due to this algorithm, the following tips will help you beat the update, stay in the good books of Google and regain top ranking.
- First and foremost you need to use Google Adwords tool to search for a list of keywords related to your business niche that would pull the highest volume of leads to your website.
- While implementing On Page SEO techniques, you need to be sure of using the right keyword. Besides, you need to take care of the keyword density, avoid keyword stuffing because this would get your website blacklisted by Penguin update. However, you also need to ensure that your primary keyword appears at the right places through the content so that it gets picked quickly by the web crawlers.
- Ensure that the links you use in your site are links from genuine and credible sites.
- Don’t ignore the potential of social media website to direct the leads on to your website and encourage them to read through the informative and unique content on the site.
- There are several tools that help you track the position of your keywords in the content, use these tools to ensure that they are spread evenly through the content
and appears at the right places.
- Encourage guest posts; they are a great way to improve the ranking of your keywords.
- Since the Penguin update is from Google labs, it would be a wise decision to add Google+ social media tools to your website. This would greatly lend credibility to your website.
- Make sure that your website design is not boring and dull. You must design your website in a way that is interesting and easy to navigate for the visitors. More importantly you must watch for the use of flash elements on your website, the website should be easy and quick to load.
- You must think of SEO as a part of the brand management and keep your SEO in alignment with your other marketing campaigns.
Vincent Wicks is an enthusiast blogger and an internet marketing expert. He has been doing a lot of research post penguin update and maintains a web design library which helps you design a penguin friendly website.